Page updated 02/14/2021
UPDATE February 14, 2021
SNOW/INCLEMENT WEATHER SERVICE UPDATES IN EFFECT
SPAA Ranges and Pro Shop CLOSED today Sunday, FEB 14th, 2021, due to inclement and hazardous weather conditions! We will re-open on Wednesday Feb, 17 Updates will be made accordingly
Due to large measurable amounts in the lowlands of Puget Sound, range closure information will be posted here! The ranges and proshop will be closed today for recreational and personal use. Any decision to close the proshop will be made and posted by 8:30 AM on any particular day where measurable snowfall has dropped in the area on WED-SUN.
Orientations Commence Once Again!
New member orientations are back in full swing at this time. Government restrictions have currently relaxed to the point where we can conduct orientations utilizing protective masks and proper social distancing.
THE SPAA IS CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ANY RESERVATIONS FOR RENTAL OF THE PAVILION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please check back here for any announcement updates concerning the venue
ARCHERY RANGE TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION
RANGE/PRO SHOP OPEN (PERSONAL SPACE RESTRICTIONS)
Range Store is open normal business hours WED-SUN 09:00 AM to 4:30 PM
NO FIREARMS SALES AFTER 4:00 PM
********ALL CIVILIAN FIRING RANGES OPEN WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES*********
Greetings to all members, SPAA hopes that you are all staying well and safe during this Corona Virus era.
This update is to keep all members/patrons informed as to what is going on at the range. At this time all shooting/archery ranges for SPAA member use are open . The range operations will be returning to normal operating hours for all members and guests (1 guest allowed at this time). Please also be reminded that you will be required to maintain all the guidelines recommended by the CDC to avoid unnecessary risks when coming to shoot or purchase items in the store at our facility. This essentially means come down and shoot then leave the range without hanging around and socializing and hanging out in the pro shop. This is important in order for us to keep the range operating and be within CDC guidelines.
Law Enforcement Agency members still need to contact the Seattle Police Department Range Master for specific agency instructions for use of the ranges for L/E training.
RANGE USAGE COVID CDC GUIDELINES
WARNING: Your self-assessment for risk and susceptibility (general health) should be your primary gauge as to whether it is acceptable for you to risk your health/life when coming to our facilities during COVID Pandemic times.
If you feel ill, have a cough, fever or any other common symptom identified by the CDC with Covid 19 please do not come to the store, STAY HOME. Please respect our safety and the safety of all others around you.
1. While on the ranges the wearing of facemasks is not mandatory but is strongly recommended. If coming into the store for supplies or to purchase firearms it is mandatory that you will properly wear a non-valved mask that covers the nose and mouth (no exceptions). The SPAA store will not be able to a provide a facemask or any other Personal Protective Equipment-PPE for you if you do not have your own. Lineups outside the door will not be allowed and social distancing will be maintained at all times. Wait in your car if you have to.
2. Members and guests will always maintain the 6' social distancing at all times. Family members may stay together if sharing firearms etc. Shooters will not ignore this rule. Violators will be asked to leave.
3 Guests will not be able to take up a shooting position if full members are waiting for a spot to shoot. Members with a guest will have to share the shooting spot of the member in these situations. Members will also be limited to "ONE GUEST" until this Covid situation passes.
4. Members coming to the range who do not need any supplies from the store will enter and stay at the doorway of the store and advise the staff member who will check them in via voice requesting name/member number. Range staff will maintain log-in roster during Covid period. At this time “only members” or persons authorized to purchase “blue label Glocks” will be allowed in the store, no non shooting guests, children, pets etc. Customers will not be allowed to randomly touch surfaces and product. Please know what you are specifically looking for so that unnecessary touching and exposure can be avoided. We love all of our members and customers but you will not be allowed to hang out and visit in the store or on the property until the Covid threat is modified to allow this. We will let you know.
5. Members and guests will clean their own shooting areas of spent casings and trash before leaving ranges, including peeling off their used targets and then replacing the boards/target stand in its storage place.
6. Ammunition purchases will be limited to two boxes per member unless signage limits you to one box of ammunition that is in high demand. So please don’t ask to do otherwise, we want to make sure that what supplies we have left will give all a fair chance to shoot and enjoy their time at our facility.
7. Bathrooms in the store will not be available. Portolets are available on site near the pistol and rifle ranges for members to use. There is also a hand wash station for members to use on the north side of the store near the soda pop machine. We also sell lead removing hand wipes in the pro shop.
8. No loaning of ear pro or eye pro allowed. Please come to the range with your own gear. We have inexpensive ear pro and eye pro for sale in the store at reasonable prices if needed.
9. Last but not least please be kind, especially to the staff we literally have been through the ringer trying to get the place up and running again. Rude and unfriendly behavior between members and or staff will not be tolerated. Just remember we are all in this together.
10. Patons, guests and customers will not be allowed to enter store with any food or beverages.
Retail Store/Pro Shop operating protocols are as follows.
WARNING: Your self-assessment for risk and susceptibility (general health) should be your primary gauge as to whether it is acceptable for you to risk your health/life when coming to our facilities.
Your SPAA store crew.
STORE & RANGE CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS
Ranges & Store Closed Sunday, April 4th, Easter Sunday
Ranges & Store Closed Sunday, July 4th, Independence Day
Ranges & Store Closed Thursday, November 11th, Veterans Day
Ranges & Store Closed Thursday & Friday, November 25 & 26, Thanksgiving & Day After
Ranges & Store Close Early @1PM, Friday, December 24th, Christmas Eve
Ranges & Store Closed Saturday, December 25, Christmas Day
Ranges & Store Close Early @1PM, Friday, December 31st, New Years Eve
Ranges & Store Closed Saturday, January 1st, 2022, New Years Day
LEOSA Qualification Dates for 2021 (Retired LEO)
LEOSA QUALIFICATIONS INFO FOR 2021
The following dates have been established for retired Law Enforcement personnel to complete their LEOSA qualification for 2021. LEOSA Qualifications will be at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on the dates listed below. Members will contact Emily White in Seattle PD Human Resources by calling 206-684-5464, or email at . Qualifying officers will need to also send Emily White a headshot photo so that she can make your ID card and mail it to you. Otherwise she will instruct you on what she needs from you to complete your application via phone or email.
FEB: 16 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
MAR: 16 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
APR: 13 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
MAY: 11 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
JUN: 15 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
JUL: 6 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
AUG: 10 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
SEP: 7 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
OCT: 5 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
NOV: 2 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)
DEC: 7 (10:00 AM & 2:00 PM)